Good morning! So, I admit it…I’m a Pinterest addict. I find so much great stuff on there….but I have to be careful not to spend too much time on it. That’s where not having any internet helps. Ahem.
The other day I saw a picture about Super Woman vs. Abiding Woman and really liked it. I changed it a little and thought I’d share it with you.
2. Tries to impress others
3. Is controlled by an agenda
4. Her self worth is found in her accomplishments
5. Her peace is found in the “perfect” environment
6. She is discouraged by failure
7. She expects perfection from herself and others
8. She teaches her kids/siblings to be good
9. She is frustrated with her spiritual fruit
10.She does things with her children/siblings
11. Her perspective is based on what is seen
12. She chooses a quantity of different ways
Hmmm….I can see a bit of myself in everyone of those qualities of a woman trying to be “Super Woman”. Can you? Now, here is an “Abiding Woman”.
1. Is (Ps 46:10)
2. Pleases the Lord (Eph. 5:10, Prov. 29:25)
3. Is controlled by the Holy Spirit (Gal.5: 22-26)
4.Her self worth is found in an accurate view of who she is in Christ Jesus (Eph. 2:10)
5. Her peace is found in Jesus in the midst of any storms (Is 26:3)
6. Failure remind her that God’s strength is made perfect in weakness (2 Cor 12:9-10)
7. She practices grace with herself and others (Eph. 4:32)
8. She teaches her children/siblings to be Godly (Prov. 22:6)
9. She abides in Christ and bears much fruit (John 15:5)
10. She builds a relationship with her children/siblings (Deat 6:6-7)
11. Her perspective is based on what is unseen (Col 3:2)
12. She chooses the most excellent way (1 Cor. 13)
Wow! What a woman. That’s who I am striving to be….and only with the Lord’s help, His abiding in me, that I will see any progress in becoming a woman for God. Won’t you join me on this journey?
*Sharing at a Wise Woman Builds Her Home link-up